Pig >> mail # user >> how can I delete a file in pig only after checking if the file exists?

Re: how can I delete a file in pig only after checking if the file exists?
hi Sheng,

Try something like
sh bash -c 'if hadoop fs -test -e $LOOKUP_HDFS_TEMP; then echo
Deleting old local file lookup; hadoop fs -rm $LOOKUP_HDFS_TEMP; else
echo Local file lookup does not exist; fi'
You can replace the hdfs operations with local filesystem operations.
The idea is that you do
sh bash -c 'YOUR BASH COMMANDS WITH YOUR EXISTANCE CHECKS'

Ruslan

--
Best Regards,
Ruslan Al-Fakikh