HBase >> mail # user >> hbase data

hbase data
Hello,

Currently, using hbase to store sensor data -- basically large time series
data hitting close to 2 billion rows for a type of sensor. I was wondering
how hbase differs from HDF (http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/)  file format.
Most of my operations are scanning a range and getting its values but it
seems I can achieve this usind HDF. Does anyone have experience with this
file container format and shed some light?