Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta

Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta

Roman, I keep this same argument again and again. Should've refuted earlier.

Please list down all the issues that BigTop ran into *because of* new features. You continue to argue that new features are destabilizing 2.0.*, which I don't agree with at all. 2.0.3-alpha was the last time major features got merged in, and we found blockers irrespective of those.

MAPREDUCE-5240 specifically isn't due to any feature merge. This was a bug. I'd say this is a long standing bug in 2.0.x. You sure this passed in 2.0.3? Even so, this is mostly broken by another bug-fix and *not* because of any feature.

I quickly checked other bugs you reported in 2.0.x:
 - MAPREDUCE-5088 was caused by the fix for HADOOP-9299 which was again a long standing issue in 2.0.x
 - MAPREDUCE-3728 is similar
 - MAPREDUCE-5117 is similar
 - MAPREDUCE-4219 was a security related feature request from you.
 - MAPREDUCE-3916 was because of new proxy-server added.

I am not arguing that new features *may* destabilize the branch, but you've repeatedly stated this as if that were a fact.

Really appreciate the testing done by BigTop, but please don't distort the facts.

Thanks,
+Vinod