Pig >> mail # user >> Synthetic keys

+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-23, 18:22
Re: Synthetic keys
You can do this, but pig has a CROSS keyword that you can use.
2013/5/23 Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> I am using this:
>
> x = join a by 1, b by 1  using 'replicated';
>
> with the hope that it generates some synthetic key '1' on both a and b and
> joins it on that key, thereby, in this case, doing a clean map side cross
> of
> a and b with no schema changes (exactly the way a cross would work). It
> seems to be working, but since I just tried it and it worked, I am not sure
> if there is anything in there I should be aware of. Does anyone know?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mehmet

+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-24, 16:21
+
Pradeep Gollakota 2013-05-28, 17:30
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-28, 18:04
+
Pradeep Gollakota 2013-05-28, 18:07
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-28, 18:18
+
Sergey Goder 2013-05-24, 16:51