Hive >> mail # dev >> Merge vectorization branch to trunk

Merge vectorization branch to trunk
Hi Folks,
   Vectorized query execution work has been under development for around 6
months now. We have made good progress in making basic datatypes and
queries to work in vectorized mode and also we have laid sufficient
groundwork so that any future development can happen directly on trunk.
   This is a community effort involving several developers including Eric
Hanson, Remus Rusanu, Sarvesh
Sakalanaga<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=sarvesh.sn>,
Gopal V, Teddy Choi, Tony Murphy, Timothy Chen, Prashanth J and myself.
   I believe vectorization branch is now ready to be merged to the trunk.
   I propose to merge it immediately after the hive-0.12 branch is cut, so
that we get sufficient time before the next release.

thanks,
jitendra
--
<http://hortonworks.com/download/>