Pig >> mail # user >> Unixtimestamp

+
Marian Condurache 2011-07-29, 13:06
Re: Unixtimestamp
Seems like the Piggybank's UnixToISO should do what you're looking for - if
not long, in what datatype is your unixtimestamp arriving to your Pig
script?

Pig supports explicit casts [1], but I think the conversion you're referring
to should be handled implicitly.

[1] http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449302641/data_model.html#casts

Norbert

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Marian Condurache <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Any ideas how to convert unixtimestamp to some readable date format like
> YYYY-MM-DD ?
> Is there a buit in function ?
> Because I tried UnixToIso....but it expects unix time long ....or is there
> a way to convert timestamp in time long in Pig ?
>

> LG, Marian

+
Norbert Burger 2011-07-29, 14:32