Pig >> mail # user >> Unixtimestamp

Re: Unixtimestamp
Seems like the Piggybank's UnixToISO should do what you're looking for - if
not long, in what datatype is your unixtimestamp arriving to your Pig
script?

Pig supports explicit casts [1], but I think the conversion you're referring
to should be handled implicitly.

[1] http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449302641/data_model.html#casts

Norbert