Sqoop, mail # user - how to apply patch "SQOOP-912: Add ability to specify --hive-database parameter" ?

how to apply patch "SQOOP-912: Add ability to specify --hive-database parameter" ?
Kathleen Ting 2013-09-06, 22:04
[cc'ing [EMAIL PROTECTED]]

Hi Yan, thanks for your question.

Sqoop is now an ASF project - please subscribe to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] for a faster response.

One way to apply the SQOOP-912 patch is to do a git checkout on the
sqoop2 branch and then a git apply. Doing so might not include all the
required dependencies.

Another way to apply the patch is to upgrade to version 1.4.4, in
which SQOOP-912 is fixed:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/sqoop/1.4.4

As it happens, SQOOP-912 is included in CDH4.4
(http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/cdh/4/sqoop-1.4.3-cdh4.4.0.releasenotes.html).

For ease of installation, I would suggesting downloading CDH4.4:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/products/cdh.html

Regards, Kate