Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Client host selection?

+
Owen Kim 2013-05-02, 00:26
+
Benjamin Reed 2013-05-02, 00:40
Re: Client host selection?
C client has zoo_deterministic_conn_order() to make the connection
order deterministic. We can add a similar feature to Java client.
Owen, do you want to open a JIRA for this?

--Michi

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Benjamin Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> no it will connect randomly. we don't really have a way to specify
> preference or weight. it would be a nice feature to add though.
>
> ben
>

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Owen Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Is the client configurable on which host it tries to connect to when I give
>> it the host list? Will it perhaps try deterministically in order?
>> Specifically, I'd like it to favor ZK hosts in the same DC.

+
Owen Kim 2013-05-02, 01:05
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-05-02, 01:22