Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Move project split down a level

Re: [DISCUSS] Move project split down a level

On Jan 17, 2011, at 9:13 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2011, at 11:53 AM, Tsz Wo (Nicholas), Sze wrote:

>> Why do we want to enforce the releases as a unit, given that the long term
>> target is to release these 3 projects independently?
>
> Because that long term view is currently a fantasy with no real end in sight.

** +1 to that.  We release as a unit, branch as a unit, test as a unit, deploy as a unit.  I've seen no actual gain from the project split, just complexity.  Simplifying things in the short term seems like a good goal.