Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have posted a release candidate for Hadoop 1.0.0 at
>    http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.0-rc2/
>
> Please download, evaluate, and vote on this list.
> The artifacts will be posted to the maven repo shortly.
> The vote will close at noon PST on Thursday 15 Dec.

Pulled this RC into Bigtop, built the complete stack and published
packages in the usual place (feel free to install on your own cluster
by just doing yum or puppet installs):
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/RCs/job/Bigtop-trunk-rc-hadoop-1.0.0-hive-0.8.0/label=centos5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/RCs/job/Bigtop-trunk-rc-hadoop-1.0.0-hive-0.8.0/

Ran test on a fully distributed 5 nodes cluster on EC2 for 10 hours:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/RCs/job/Bigtop-rc-smoketest/lastCompletedBuild/#showFailuresLink

The bulk of the failures is in Hive.

At this point I feel like we've got to resolve 3 issues with this release:
   1. Making sure we agree on what to do with *all* of existing Hive
deployemnts
   that are going to be broken by the version change.
   2. Analyzing Mahout 0.5 failures:
       http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/RCs/job/Bigtop-rc-smoketest/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/junit/org.apache.bigtop.itest.mahout.smoke/TestMahoutExamples/factorizeMovieLensRatings/
       http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/RCs/job/Bigtop-rc-smoketest/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/junit/org.apache.bigtop.itest.mahout.smoke/TestMahoutExamples/testReutersLDA/
   3. Considering a fix for multifilewc