Hadoop >> mail # user >> newly built Jar file

Re: newly built Jar file
It should be in hadoop-core jar:
tyumac:hadoop-0.20.2+320 tyu$ jar tvf
build/hadoop-core-0.20.2-CDH3b2-SNAPSHOT.jar | grep PlatformName
  1048 Fri Jul 02 11:31:04 PDT 2010
org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName.class

Did you use "ant jar" command to build ?