Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Implementing DNS-like service using ZooKeeper

+
Yasin 2013-01-15, 16:23
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-01-15, 18:33
Re: Implementing DNS-like service using ZooKeeper
Curator is excellent at this. Additionally, zk_watcher is a simple way of doing this as well.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zk_watcher

(for what its worth, we do almost exactly this at Nextdoor... every server we have runs this daemon, and they register various bits of data about themselves in a Zookeeper path. We then leverage this path with other tools for getting full server-lists.)

--Matt