Flume, mail # user - How to make Gangila graphs work with flume

RE: How to make Gangila graphs work with flume
Kumar, Deepak8 2013-10-08, 06:48
Hi Himanshu,

To enable ganglia monitoring for flume agent, you need to modify flume-en.sh file. Add the following in JAVA_OPTS, where monitoring host is headnode of ganglia. After configuring, restart flume agent. You can have the graphs at ganglia web ui for this host.

JAVA_OPTS= -Dflume.monitoring.type=ganglia -Dflume.monitoring.hosts=headnode:port

- Deepak

From: Himanshu Patidar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 2:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to make Gangila graphs work with flume
Hi,

I have a multi agent flume flow running.

I was interested in monitoring the channels, so I enabled the JSON reporting<http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#json-reporting>. Now I want to view these metrics in Graphs.

Can anyone help me with this?

This is a sample screenshot <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12537394/Screen%20Shot%202012-07-20%20at%2012.23.38%20PM.png> of the graphs I picked up somewhere from the web. I am interested in viewing the metrices in the same way.

Thanks,
Himanshu