Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Need to add fs shim to use QFS

Re: Need to add fs shim to use QFS
On 10 October 2012 16:03, Thilee Subramaniam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Like Harsh said, HADOOP-8886 addresses removing KFS from apache tree.
>
> But I interpret your suggestion as 'moving qfs.jar out of apache tree, and
> keeping the jar in possibly a maven repo externally. The new fs shim for
> QFS will pull this jar from the repo upon compilation etc.'.

I think the main question is if its external, what actually needs to be
done w.r.t. Hadoop's build itself. Is your goal to include the shim JAR in
the normal Hadoop releases? As that's what I'm not sure is needed -no other
non-HDFS filesystem needs that to work with Hadoop. What matters more is to
hook a local Jenkins server to do the nightly builds and tests of hadoop
branch-1 and trunk onto your filesystem, test out all the releases, and
then file bug reports if there have been any regressions.