MapReduce, mail # user - Task Attempt Failed

+
Dave Shine 2012-10-08, 12:28
Re: Task Attempt Failed
David Rosenstrauch 2012-10-08, 14:31
I get those too.  It's probably this issue:

If you go look in the task tracker log on the node that had the failed
task you'll probably see that "Text File Busy" message in there.

Looks like this is fixed in newer releases of CDH.

HTH,

DR
On 10/08/2012 08:28 AM, Dave Shine wrote:
> I'm starting to see the following error show up, but I don't know what it is trying to tell me.  Does anyone know what this error means?
>

> 12/10/08 03:13:12 INFO mapred.JobClient: Task Id : attempt_201209281640_6895_m_007292_0, Status : FAILED
> java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
>                  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:242)
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 126.
>                  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:229)
>

> The task is able to complete on the next attempt, so the job does not fail.  But, the job takes a couple of hours when I don't see this message, longer when I do.  And I need to get this job to complete faster if possible.
>
> I'm running CDH3U3.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Shine
> Sr. Software Engineer
> 321.939.5093 direct |  407.314.0122 mobile
>
> [cid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]DD80]
> CI Boost(tm) Clients  Outperform Online(tm)  www.ciboost.com<http://www.ciboost.com/>
> facebook platform | where-to-buy | product search engines | shopping engines

> The information contained in this email message is considered confidential and proprietary to the sender and is intended solely for review and use by the named recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.

+
Bejoy Ks 2012-10-08, 14:31