MapReduce >> mail # user >> getAllocatedContainers() is not returning when ran against 2.0.3-alpha

getAllocatedContainers() is not returning when ran against 2.0.3-alpha
Hi,

 I am running an application that had been written and working well with
the hadoop-2.0.0-alpha but when I am running the same against 2.0.3-alpha,
the getAllocatedContainers() method called on AMResponse is not returning
all the containers allocated sometimes. For example, I request for 10
containers and this method gives me only 9 containers sometimes, and when I
looked at the log of Resource Manager, the 10th container is also
allocated. It happens only sometimes randomly and works fine all other
times. If I send one more request for the remaining container to RM, it
could allocate that container. I am running only one application at a time,
but 1000s of them one after another.

  Is this problem seen by anyone else? I have seen that there are
significant number of changes in the way ApplicationMaster.java is written
now for the Distributed Shell example. There is now AMRMClient instead
of AMRMProtocol. There is method addContainerRequest() which is not there
earlier, and there is ConatainerRequest class now which was ResourceRequest
earlier, etc.  Is it adivsable to re-write my application in a similar way?

Thanks,
Kishore
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-04-03, 15:50