Hadoop >> mail # user >> Using HBase for real time transaction

RE: Using HBase for real time transaction

Since Tom isn't technical... ;-)

The short answer is No.
HBase is not capable of being a transactional because it doesn't support transactions.
Nor is HBase ACID compliant.

Having said that, yes you can use HBase to serve data in real time.

HTH

-Mike