Hive, mail # user - Security for Hive

Re: Security for Hive
bejoy_ks@... 2013-02-22, 17:59
Hi Sachin

Currently there is no such admin user concept in hive.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Sachin Sudarshana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:40:49
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Security for Hive

Hi,
I have read about roles, user privileges, group privileges etc.
But these roles can be created by any user for any database/table. I would
like to know if there is a specific 'administrator' for hive who can log on
with his credentials and is the only one entitled to create roles, grant
privileges etc.

Thank you.

--
Thanks and Regards,