HBase >> mail # user >> newbie - hbase installation question

Re: newbie - hbase installation question
As far as my knowledge for stand alone mode you dont need to change any
configuration in the hbase conf.
just download the gz file unzip it and set permission to the hbase folder
accrodingly
as
chmod -R 775 <or> 755 hbae-folder
and start it bin/start-hbase.sh.

and it should work. as it worked in my case. which version you are using
cloudera or the apache one

--
Shashwat Shriparv