HBase >> mail # user >> Coprocessor Aggregation supposed to be ~20x slower than Scans?

Coprocessor Aggregation supposed to be ~20x slower than Scans?
Hi All,

I am using cdh4b1 which has HBase 0.92 version. I am running a standalone
installation of HBase on 4 GB VM which runs on top of 8gb Windows 7
installation. My laptop has a Intel I7-2.3 ghz processor. My objective of
using this standalone installation was to test Coprocessor aggregation.

I loaded around 70 thousand 1-2KB records in HBase. For scans, with my
custom filter i am able to get 97 rows in 500 milliseconds and for doing
sum, max, min(in built aggregations of HBase) on the same custom filter its
taking 11000 milliseconds. Does this mean that coprocessors aggregation is
supposed to be around ~20x slower than scans? Am i missing any trick over
here?

Also, if anyone has done performance benchmarking of scans vs coprocessors
aggregation in HBase, please share.

Note: I am already aware that the environment used for running the
standalone HBase is not at all good for getting high performance. Since, i
am running the scans as well as aggregation on the same environment so the
comparison might make sense.
--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta