Flume, mail # user - Case Studies Wanted

Case Studies Wanted
Israel Ekpo 2013-08-18, 18:10
Hello Everyone,

I am working on a book and lecture series on aggregating, processing,
searching, analyzing and visualizing large amounts of log data using open
source software.

I am at a point now in the process where I would like to solicit use cases
for some chapters in the course.

I think it is a good idea if we can discuss a variety of use cases that
leverages these open source tools to solve these problems.

These are some of the key areas of what the book and course is focussed on:
   - Aggregating Log Data from Multiple Sources at High Velocity and Volume
   using Apache Flume and Logstash.
   - Parsing the Raw Log Data to Extract Meaningful Information.
   - Buffering the Log Events before being routed to centralized storage.
   - Storing the buffered Log Events in Centralized datastores like
   ElasticSearch and HDFS.
   - Processing and make sense of the log data stored in HDFS.
   - Interrogating and Searching through the log events indexed in
   ElasticSearch in real time.
   - Visualizing patterns, trends and information in the log data.
If you have a unique setup, strategy, use-case, requirement, need or
problem you have solved or are in the process of solving, I would like to
hear about it.

Please drop me a line at (israel @ aicer dot org)

Please make sure to include the phrase "Case Study" in your email subject
so that my filters can pick it up.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Israel Ekpo

*Author and Instructor for the Upcoming Book and Lecture Series*
*Massive Log Data Aggregation, Processing, Searching and Visualization with
Open Source Software*
*http://massivelogdata.com*