HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Support

Re: HBase Support
Hello Raju,

      Please find my answers embedded below :

1.what are the causes of  Client session timed out.(and client session
scenario)
>> There could be several reasons. You network is totally down, you have
exceeded the maximum no. of clients allowed at a time, you are facing
network congestion, your client machine is not in the network etc.

2.How zookeeper and master and client will communicate in standalone mode as
well as in distributed mode.
>>The client first connects to ZK and gets the information about the port
and host where master is running and then goes there. And to put or fetch
the data, client first contacts the ZK and get the RS where -ROOT- is
present. From there it gets the location of the RS where .META. is present
which tells the client about the RS that actually holds the row of interest.

3.If there are any configurations to modify please let me know.
>>As a workaround you could increase the value of "zookeeper.session.timeout"
property in your config file. Or maybe increase the no. of pings.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com