Hadoop >> mail # dev >> No marketplace entries found to handle Execution compile-protoc

+
Chandrashekhar Kotekar 2013-06-29, 15:40
Re: No marketplace entries found to handle Execution compile-protoc
Not sure about the errors you see.

Here is something that worked for me in the past -
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/05/how-to-configure-eclipse-for-hadoop-contributions/
and
there is a comment that mentions building an eclipse plugin for the same.

I have since moved to IntelliJ - it might be another option you might want
to consider.

Hope that helps!
Karthik
On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Chandrashekhar Kotekar <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to import Hadoop source code into Eclipse (again) but while
> importing I am getting following error :
>
> *"No marketplace entries found to handle Execution compile-protoc"*
>

> I am following steps given in "Working with Hadoop under Eclipse" page here
> : http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment
>
> I have done following things :
>
> 1. Checking out code using git command from command line
>
> 2. Run following commands :
>
> $ mvn install -DskipTests$ mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true
> -DdownloadJavadocs=true
>

> 3. Import project into eclipse :
>     a. File -> Import -> Existing Maven project
>     b. selected hadoop-common folder as a root folder.
>
> After following above 3 steps I got *"No marketplace entries found to
> handle Execution compile-protoc" error.*
> *
> *
> So I
> 1. Removed projects from eclipse
> 2. Executed "mvn eclipse:clean" command
> 3. Again imported projects into eclipse
>
> but again I am following same errors.
>
> Does anyone know why this error is coming? and how to resolve this error?
>
> I am new to Hadoop development and eager to contribute to Hadoop. Request
> someone to please help.
>

> Regards,
> Chandrash3khar Kotekar
> Mobile - 8884631122