Hadoop >> mail # dev >> difference between mapred-site.xml and conf/masters

+
Momina Khan 2012-08-07, 00:32
Re: difference between mapred-site.xml and conf/masters
My understanding is that conf/masters is used only by the bin/ or sbin/
scripts - like start-*.sh, while the conf property is used by the Hadoop
daemons running on that particular node.

Hope that helps,
Karthik

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Momina Khan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to setup a hadoop cluster and I was wondering what is
> difference in specifying the Jobtracker IP in *mapred.job.tracker* in *
> mapred-site.xml* and noting the same IP in *conf/masters* file? Do I need
> to do both or just one. If I need to do both, is there a difference in how
> the two are used?
>
> thankx
> momina

+