Hadoop >> mail # dev >> difference between mapred-site.xml and conf/masters

Re: difference between mapred-site.xml and conf/masters
My understanding is that conf/masters is used only by the bin/ or sbin/
scripts - like start-*.sh, while the conf property is used by the Hadoop
daemons running on that particular node.

Hope that helps,
Karthik