Pig, mail # user - missing error log

Re: missing error log
Johnny Zhang 2013-03-25, 20:10
Hi, Will:
Can you try to check below make sure the logger is property configured:

1. Edit conf/log4j.properties as follows:

log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration=ERROR, A

2. Edit conf/pig.properties as follows:

# log4jconf log4j configuration file
log4jconf=<path_to_log4j.properties>/log4j.properties

If there is still no error message, bump the level to INFO to make sure you
can see the logger output in the log file.

BTW, are you using MRv1 or MRv2 ?

Johnny