HBase >> mail # user >> Can we insert into Hbase without specifying the column name?

Can we insert into Hbase without specifying the column name?
Hi,

Is it possible to insert into Hbase without specifying the column name
instead using the Column family name alone (assume there will not be any
field created for that column family name)

regards,
Rams