Avro >> mail # user >> Question related to AvroJob.setMapOutputSchema(org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf job, Schema s)

RE: Question related to AvroJob.setMapOutputSchema(org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf job, Schema s)
Hi Yong,

It sounds like you might need to use AvroMultipleOutputs here.

You can set all five of your output schemas in your driver, then route your
message to the appropriate output in your reducer.

See the following for mapred:
http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.5/api/java/org/apache/avro/mapred/AvroMultip
leOutputs.html

And the following for mapreduce:
http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.5/api/java/org/apache/avro/mapreduce/AvroMul
tipleOutputs.html

If your mapper is generating the Avro records, then you will probably have
to set AvroJob.setMapOutputSchema to a union of all five of your schemas.

Thanks,

Alan