HBase >> mail # user >> Hbase- Hadoop DFS size not decreased even after deleting a column family

+
prem yadav 2012-08-07, 06:19
+
Stack 2012-08-07, 07:22
Re: Hbase- Hadoop DFS size not decreased even after deleting a column family
Hi Stack,
yes . I can still see the column family.

we ran the following command too:

returned a large value which means that the space has not been reclaimed.
The hbase version we are running is 0.94.1.

is there  a manual way to force reclaim the space?

regards,
Prem

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 7:19 AM, prem yadav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > We have a small Hbase cluster on EC2 with 6 region servers. Lately we
> found
> > that the data in one of the column families is really not that useful for
> > us and decided to chuck it. This particular column family takes more than
> > 50 percent of space on disk. We altered the table,removes the column
> family
> > and ran major compaction. We also ran major compaction on the '-ROOT-'
> and
> > the '.META.' tables. But there is still no reduction in total DFS file
> > size? Are we missing something here. Any help/pointers would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >

> If you look in hdfs, you still see the column family?  (Look under
> /hbase/TABLE_NAME/ENCODED_REGIONNAME...).  If you do an hdfs du -sh,
> it occupies space still?
>
> St.Ack

+
Stack 2012-08-07, 16:21