Hive >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 0.11.0 Release Candidate 0

[VOTE] Apache Hive 0.11.0 Release Candidate 2
Based on feedback from everyone, I have respun release candidate, RC2.
Please take a look. We've fixed 7 problems with the previous RC:
* Release notes were incorrect
 * HIVE-4018 - MapJoin failing with Distributed Cache error
 * HIVE-4421 - Improve memory usage by ORC dictionaries
 * HIVE-4500 - Ensure that HiveServer 2 closes log files.
 * HIVE-4494 - ORC map columns get class cast exception in some contexts
 * HIVE-4498 - Fix TestBeeLineWithArgs failure
 * HIVE-4505 - Hive can't load transforms with remote scripts
 * HIVE-4527 - Fix the eclipse template

Source tag for RC2 is at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/tags/release-0.11.0rc2
Source tar ball and convenience binary artifacts can be found
at: http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hive-0.11.0rc2/

This release has many goodies including HiveServer2, integrated
hcatalog, windowing and analytical functions, decimal data type,
better query planning, performance enhancements and various bug fixes.
In total, we resolved more than 350 issues. Full list of fixed issues
can be found at:  http://s.apache.org/8Fr
Voting will conclude in 72 hours.

Hive PMC Members: Please test and vote.

Thanks,