Bigtop >> mail # dev >> [PROPOSAL] EOL'ed releases 0.3.x

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-06, 02:50
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-08-06, 06:00
+
Sean Mackrory 2013-08-06, 15:29
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-06, 16:04
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-06, 16:22
+
Jay Vyas 2013-08-06, 16:31
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-06, 16:54
+
Jay Vyas 2013-08-06, 18:47
+
Mark Grover 2013-08-06, 23:03
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-07, 17:35
Re: [PROPOSAL] EOL'ed releases 0.3.x
As per the discussion below I have archived version 0.3.1 in JIRA and renamed
 branch-0.3.1 -> deprecated-branch-0.3.1

Cos

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 07:50PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I wanna propose something drastic yet necessary in my opinion. I don't see
> much of the interest in the community to continue with Bigtop release on top
> of Hadoop 1.x. I might be missing something on the account of the other
> developers here, but I find it harder and harder to spare any time for 0.3.1,
> considering how much I need to do in the trunk based releases of Bigtop.
>
> Hereby, I am proposing to close 0.3.1 related tickets and archive 0.3.1
> version in JIRA, as well as to remove branch 0.3.1, effectively shelving the
> effort on Hadoop 1 based reference implementation of the stack.
>
> If there's not much objections on the proposal above, I will go ahead and do
> the logistics in a couple of days. Otherwise, we might need to call a vote ;)
>
> Thoughts?
> --
> Regards,
>   Cos