MapReduce, mail # user - How To Load Data Between two cluster

+
samir das mohapatra 2013-02-22, 06:37
Re: How To Load Data Between two cluster
Mahesh Balija 2013-02-22, 08:06
Hi Samir,

               One solution for your Case 1 can be,
                  1) First you export your data in Hbase (Cluster1) to the
HDFS (Cluster1)
                  2) And then using distcp command you can copy the data
from HDFS (cluster1) to HDFS (cluster2)
                      and vice versa
               I am NOT sure whether this is the optimized solution, prolly
you can check for other approaches.
               Case 2:- After case 1 you can build Hive tables on the HDFS
(Cluster2)

Best,
Mahesh Balija,
CalsoftLabs.