Accumulo >> mail # user >> upgrading to CDH3u5

+
Hider, Sandy 2013-02-07, 16:42
+
Josh Elser 2013-02-07, 17:15
Re: upgrading to CDH3u5
This isn't specific to Accumulo, but if you're coming from a version of
hadoop that uses only the hadoop user, you should be aware that CDH3u5
expects hdfs and mapred users. There's some additional resources available
at
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/Upgrading+from+a+CDH+release+before+CDH3+Beta+3+to+the+Latest+CDH3+Release
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  The upgrade *should* be relatively painless.
>
> The only thing to note is that you will need to recompile Accumulo against
> the correct CDH3 artifacts from >=CDH3u4.
>
> With Accumulo 1.5.0 this can be done by specifying
> -Dhadoop.version=0.20.2-cdh3u5 and -Dzookeeper.version=3.3.5-cdh3u5 when
> you `mvn package -Passemble`. With Accumulo 1.4.x, you'll have to update
> the dependencies in the pom yourself.
>
> - Josh
>

> On 2/7/13 11:42 AM, Hider, Sandy wrote:
>
>  I am curious if anyone has upgraded their Accumulo clouds Hadoop version
> from 0.20.2  to CDH3  which is based off of a version of 0.20.2.  Can you
> just replace one version with another on an active cloud?****
>
> ** **
>
> Anyone tried this?****
>
> ** **