Avro >> mail # user >> Design decision question about the Avro Java API

+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 04:02
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-27, 18:09
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 18:17
Re: Design decision question about the Avro Java API
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Francis Galiegue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Francis Galiegue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Are there plans to separate these exceptions, and more important, are
>>> there plans to turn these into checked exceptions?
>>
>> There are no such plans that I am aware of.
>>
>> Changing SchemaParseException to a checked exception would be an
>> incompatible change, breaking a lot of user code, so folks are likely
>> to resist.  What would such a change make possible that is not
>> possible today?
>>

> Well, to have user code be aware that it can fail, for one ;)

Unchecked exceptions are no uncatchable exceptions, so you can catch
them as well as checked ones can't you?

-+ Tatu +-
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 18:42