Pig, mail # user - Apache Blogging guidelines

+
Santhosh M S 2012-08-23, 02:12
+
Sally Khudairi 2012-08-23, 02:32
+
Santhosh M S 2012-08-23, 03:53
+
Sally Khudairi 2012-08-24, 02:47
Re: Apache Blogging guidelines
Santhosh M S 2012-08-24, 03:51
Thanks a lot Sally. I appreciate your quick response and the precise advice.

Regards,
Santhosh
________________________________
 From: Sally Khudairi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Santhosh M S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: Apache Blogging guidelines

Thanks, Santhosh.

OK, I get the meta issue of my failure to grok the context the first time around...

Using the referenced article as an example, I would request that this be done in instances where the author is a contributor to the project. So this would look something along the lines of --

>[Subject] Pig as Hadoop Connector, Part One: Pig, MongoDB and Node.js
>
>[Body] Apache Pig Committer Russell Jurney has published a series on Pig as a connector for Apache Hadoop.
>
>Apache Pig is a dataflow oriented, scripting interface to Hadoop. Pig enables you to manipulate data as tuples in
 simple pipelines without thinking about the complexities of MapReduce.

>But Pig is more than that. Pig has emerged as the 'duct tape' of Big Data, enabling you to send data
 between distributed systems in a few lines of code. In this series, we're going to show you how to use Hadoop and Pig to connect different distributed systems, to enable you to process data from wherever and to wherever you like.

>The full post is available at [ URL here ]

For those articles not authored by Apache Committers, then perhaps have the post drafted with an intro from someone within the PMC, along with the first paragraph (or two) as appropriate with the link. So using the Russell Jurney article above, it would read as:

>[Subject] Suggested Read -- Pig as Hadoop Connector, Part One: Pig, MongoDB and Node.js
>
>[Body] The Apache Pig Project Management Committee suggests the following blog series on Pig as a connector for Apache Hadoop:

>Apache Pig is a dataflow oriented, scripting interface to Hadoop. Pig enables you to manipulate data as tuples in simple pipelines without thinking about the complexities of MapReduce.
>
>But Pig is more than that. Pig has emerged as the 'duct tape' of Big Data, enabling you to send data between distributed systems in a few lines of code. In this series, we're going to show you how to use Hadoop and Pig to connect different distributed systems, to enable you to process data from wherever and to wherever you like.

>The full post is available at [ URL here
 ]
I hope this helps! Feel free to ping me if you need anything else.

Cheers,
Sally

Russell Jurney 2012-08-24, 03:57
+