MapReduce, mail # user - Fair Scheduler of Hadoop

+
Lin Ma 2013-01-20, 14:25
+
Joep Rottinghuis 2013-01-21, 00:24
+
Lin Ma 2013-01-21, 17:30
Re: Fair Scheduler of Hadoop
Joep Rottinghuis 2013-01-21, 18:00
You could configure it like that if you wanted. Keep in mind that would waste some resources. Imagine a 10 minute task that has been running for 9 minutes. If you have that task killed immediately then it would have to be the-scheduled and re-do all 10 minutes.
Give it another minute and the task is complete and out if the way.

So, consider how busy your cluster is overall and how much you are willing to wait for fairness trading this off against a certain amount of waste.

Cheers,

Joep

Sent from my iPhone