Zookeeper >> mail # user >> getting the server version from a java client

+
N Keywal 2012-01-30, 09:04
Re: getting the server version from a java client
Keywal,
 Right now there isnt anyway for the client to tell which version of
server its talking to. You can probably hack something around the stat
command:

echo stat | nc hostname clientport to get the version, but other than
that we dont have such an api. I think its probably worth having such
an api implemented.

Here is the output of stat on my laptop:

Zookeeper version: 3.4.2--1, built on 01/30/2012 17:43 GMT
Clients:
 /127.0.0.1:54951[0](queued=0,recved=1,sent=0)

Latency min/avg/max: 0/0/0