Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Entropy Pool and HDFS FS Commands Hanging System

+
Jon Lederman 2011-01-03, 23:13
+
Ted Dunning 2011-01-03, 23:48
+
Jon Lederman 2011-01-04, 00:31
+
Ted Dunning 2011-01-04, 00:41
+
Jon Lederman 2011-01-04, 00:48
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Jon Lederman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks.  Will try that.  One final question, based on the jstack output I
> sent, is it obvious that the system is blocked due to the behavior of
> /dev/random?

I tried to send you a highlighted markup of your jstack output.

The key thing to look for is some thread reading bytes that nests from
SecureRandom.
> If I just let the FS command run (i.e., hadoop fs -ls), is there any
> guarantee it will eventually return in some relatively finite period of time
> such as hours, or could it potentially take days, weeks, years or eternity?

It depends on how quiet your machine is.  If it has stuff happening, then it
will unwedge eventually.
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-01-04, 04:47