Hadoop >> mail # user >> Namenode trying to connect to localhost instead of the name and dying

Namenode trying to connect to localhost instead of the name and dying
Hi,

I am doing a pseudo-distributed mode on my laptop, following the same steps
I used for all configurations on my regular cluster, but I get this error

2011-03-02 16:45:13,651 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.audit: ugi=mapred ip=/
192.168.1.150 cmd=delete
src=/var/lib/hadoop-0.20/cache/mapred/mapred/system/jobtracker.info dst=null
perm=null
2011-03-02 16:45:14,524 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect
to server: ubuntu/127.0.1.1:8020. Already tried 0 time(s).

so it should be connecting to 192.168.1.150, and it is instead connecting to
127.0.1.1 - where does this ip come from?

Thank you,
Mark