MapReduce, mail # user - pipes(pydoop) and hbase classpath

pipes(pydoop) and hbase classpath
Håvard Wahl Kongsgård 2012-08-14, 21:09
Hi, I'am trying to read hbase key-values with pipes(pydoop). As hadoop
is unable to find the hbase jar files. I get

java.lang.RuntimeException: class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.TableInputFormat not
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.InputFormat

have added export
HADOOP_CLASSPATH=/usr/lib/hbase/hbase-0.90.6-cdh3u4.jar to my
hadoop-env.sh

According to the doc from cloudera,
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/HBase+Installation#HBaseInstallation-UsingMapReducewithHBase
TableMapReduceUtil.addDependencyJars(job); can be used as an
alternative. But is that possible with pipes?

-Håvard