Hadoop, mail # user - basic question about rack awareness and computation migration

Re: basic question about rack awareness and computation migration
Julian Bui 2013-03-05, 23:50
Hi Rohit,

Thanks for responding.

> a task can be scheduled by hadoop to be executed on the same node which
is having data.

In my case, the mapper won't actually know where the data resides at the
time of being scheduled.  It only knows what data it will be accessing when
it reads in the keys.  In other words, the task will be already be running
by the time the mapper figures out what data must be accessed - so how can
hadoop know where to execute the code?

I'm still lost.  Please help if you can.

-Julian