From: jay vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:17:58
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: fail and kill all tasks without killing job.

Hi guys : I want my tasks to end/fail, but I don't want to kill my
entire hadoop job.

I have a hadoop job that runs 5 hadoop jobs in a row.
Im on the last of those sub-jobs, and want to fail all tasks so that the
task tracker stops delegating them,
and the hadoop main job can naturally come to a close.

However, when I run "hadoop job kill-attempt / fail-attempt ....", the
jobtracker seems to simply relaunch
the same tasks with new ids.

How can I tell the jobtracker to give up on redelegating?