HDFS, mail # dev - Create a data block in a certain data node

+
Vivi Lang 2012-11-08, 23:15
+
Vivi Lang 2012-11-09, 01:49
+
Harsh J 2012-11-09, 11:13
+
Vivi Lang 2012-11-09, 17:37
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-09, 18:33
+
Vivi Lang 2012-11-09, 19:57
Re: Create a data block in a certain data node
Binglin Chang 2012-11-09, 13:29
If you just need some experiment setup,
just set dfs.replication to 1, and using dfsclient on the same datenode to
write data, the block is guaranteed to be the same datanode.
On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Vivi,
>
> I don't think HDFS offers any such API to do this today. What is your
> use-case for needing this (replacing a given existing block with
> another, arbitrary block?) though?
>
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Vivi Lang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Sorry, I found the previous one is full of typo and hard to understand. I
> > will clarify my question:
> >
> > If I have got a inputstream in a datanode (and this stream contains
> exactly
> > 64MB's data which I want to store it as a data block of the HDFS in that
> > datanode. More specifically, I want to use this block to replace another
> > exsiting block of one file that already stored in the HDFS), can anyone
> > tell me which is the easiest way to do this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Vivi Lang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> If I want have get a  inputstream in a datanode (and this should
> contains
> >> exactly 64MB data which I want to replace the content of an existing
> data
> >> block to store that content), can anyone tell me which is the easiest
> way
> >> to do this? Moreover, I would like to write this stream in the local
> >> datanode.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>

> --
> Harsh J