Drill >> mail # dev >> questions, about Allocator and subscan

Re: questions, about Allocator and subscan
Good questions...
* I can see in recent submissions about scan/subscan and scan/endpoint
assignment. Is there any document to cover the design considerations of
this part?

-- Not really, we need to put something together.  We'll try to get on that
in the next week or two.

* Is there any recommended way to monitor and diagnostic off-heap memory
usage?
-- There aren't a lot of tools yet.  We need to add the sub allocators per
query which would then at least allow us to know allocation per segment.  I
think we're pushing new territory in general with our memory management
approach within Java so any ideas of how to manage better would be much
appreciated.