Hadoop >> mail # general >> Status of 2.0.4-alpha release

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-03, 22:29
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-04, 20:22
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-04-04, 20:53
Re: Status of 2.0.4-alpha release
Pulled in YARN-470 into branch-2.0.4-alpha (allow mem monitoring to be
disabled). Would also like to pull in MAPREDUCE-5094 (disable monitoring by
default in MiniMR), which is now PA. More context on the jiras.

Thanks
- Sid
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Hitesh Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FYI, I just committed MAPREDUCE-5083 into 2.0.4 today morning. Asked for
> by Stack for hbase given how they run tests in parallel using MiniMRCluster.
>
> thanks
> -- Hitesh
>

> On Apr 4, 2013, at 1:22 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
>

> > Great news! We can go forward with releasing 2.0.4-alpha now, thanks!
> >
> > +Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
> >
> > On Apr 3, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> >
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> Thanks to the tireless work of the Bigtop and Hadoop committers
> >> we've made quite a bit of progress on 2.0.4-alpha. The build
> >> pipeline that we've setup seems to be rather nice (and perhaps
> >> could be utilized for all future releases of Hadoop). The first
> >> stage of the pipeline is available here:
> >>   https://builds.apache.org/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-branch-2.0.4/
> >> and the second one over here:
> >>
> http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-Hadoop/
> >>
> >> Anybody who's interested in helping with a release is more than
> >> welcome to get either tarballs or packages from these 2 jobs.
> >>
> >> As far as testing is concerned we're now completely unblocked
> >> for both unsecure and fully kerberized testing modes and Bigtop
> >> is proceeding with the rest of the testing process. We've got
> >> 4 unit test failures left:
> >>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-branch-2.0.4/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
> >> which I'm going to file JIRAs for.
> >>
> >> Given that I don't see any current showstoppers in ASF JIRA
> >> and hoping that the rest of Bigtop testing doesn't discover
> >> anything major do you guys think we can release sometime
> >> next week?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Roman.

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-04, 21:30
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-04-04, 22:18
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-10, 01:33
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-10, 02:03
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-10, 02:26