MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha
We've created BigTop stack with 2.0.3 as the base. Ran YCSB, slive, and some
other loads on up to 20 nodes clusters as a part of the release validation.
Two issues were noted:

- due to the known issue with Jetty we are seeing MR jobs hanging here and
  there
- without properly configured capacity-scheduler.xml resource manager throws
  exception on the startup (BIGTOP-841).

+1

Cos

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 07:59PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.3-alpha that I would like to release.
>
> This release contains several major enhancements such as QJM for HDFS HA,
> multi-resource scheduling for YARN, YARN ResourceManager restart etc.  Also
> YARN has achieved significant stability at scale (more details from Y! folks
> here: http://s.apache.org/VYO).
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/

> thanks,