Accumulo, mail # dev - [git] Documentation and Plan of Action

Re: [git] Documentation and Plan of Action
Josh Elser 2013-06-13, 23:54

On 06/13/2013 01:49 PM, Christopher wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Finally read through all of this.
>> First of all, great work Josh.
>
> +42
>
> [snip]
>> I'm happy with the email subject. I'm assuming we're sticking with all
>> commits reffing a ticket? Or at least all commits to the main branch(es).
> [snip]
>
> If you're going to squash them, it would just be the squashed commit
> where this would be needed, I would think.
>
> This also raises an interesting question: how does the JIRA
> integration work for git? Would it just add comments corresponding to
> commits pushed to master? Or would it track all commits pushed to any
> branch? If it tracks all commits pushed to any branch, you may want to
> reference the JIRA issue in every commit... unless you don't want/need
> that much verbosity on the ticket. Then, I suppose you could just do
> one reference when you merge/squash.

Good question. I would guess notifications are done via git-push (thus,
any branch would trigger the email. Not sure about jira integration, but
I would guess the same is true?