Hive >> mail # user >> Stack function in Hive : how to specify multiple aliases?

+
Mathieu Despriee 2013-01-10, 08:39
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-01-10, 08:43
+
Mathieu Despriee 2013-01-10, 08:58
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-01-10, 09:08
+
Mathieu Despriee 2013-01-10, 09:42
+
Dean Wampler 2013-01-10, 14:13
Re: Stack function in Hive : how to specify multiple aliases?
Yep, that worked.

As suggested by Nitin, LATERAL VIEW is a helpful too, and here's the syntax
:
SELECT  Id, Name, App, Byte, Packet FROM testApp2
    LATERAL VIEW stack(2,AppWeb, ByteWeb, PacketWeb, AppP2P, ByteP2P,
PacketP2P) T AS App,Byte,Packet ;

Thanks for your help guys,

Mathieu
2013/1/10 Dean Wampler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Try "as (alias1, alias2, ...)"
>

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 3:42 AM, Mathieu Despriee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Not working either :
>>
>> SELECT stack(2,AppWeb, ByteWeb, PacketWeb, AppP2P, ByteP2P, PacketP2P) AS
>> App,Byte,Packet FROM testApp2;
>> > FAILED: SemanticException 1:76 Only a single expression in the SELECT
>> clause is supported with UDTF's. Error encountered near token 'Byte'
>>
>> I tried to quote the aliases or to use array-style with no luck.
>>
>> Is there any description of hive grammar somewhere ?
>> I only found this doc :
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-select.html, but "
>> select_expr" is not described ....
>>

>> 2013/1/10 Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>> I never ran into this kind of problem but can you try select as A,B,C

>>> --
>>> Nitin Pawar
>>>

> --
> *Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*