Hadoop, mail # user - Set LOG.Info in FileInputFormat.java doesn't work!?

Re: Set LOG.Info in FileInputFormat.java doesn't work!?
Ted Yu 2010-06-19, 18:03
If you outline what runtime information you want to collect, other people
may be able to help you better.

There're two ways to collect such data without modifying hadoop source code:
through JMX metrics exposed by hadoop, such as HEAP_MEMORY_USED and
datanode.CAPACITY
through snmp metrics by using snmp4j